Chris Haas is our Founder. He came to faith his senior year at the university of Arkansas and graduated with a Finance Degree. After spending a summer at a summer training program with Student Mobilization, he joined the Stu Mo staff team and ministered to college student for 10 years. He then began to position himself to be a local church pastor and graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary. Upon graduation he sensed the Lord leading him to dust off his finance degree and begin to help families with personal finances. Little did he know that God had been preparing him to start a ministry that would be a blend of his heart for families, finances, discipleship and evangelism.
In 2010, Chris sensed God’s leading to create a new ministry to focus on the financial health of God’s people. And we have coached hundreds of families since then. Freedom 5:one Ministries is a life-changing financial education and coaching Ministry! The inspiration comes from God’s heart to set His people free and expressed in Galatians 5:1.
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Transforming the financial destiny of families to help fulfill the Great Commission.
Set God’s people free from bondage to freedom by investing in the financial health of families in NWA and around the world!
Our Definition of Financial Health
- Written Spending Plan- Client has and is implanting a written spending plan.
- Giving– Client is growing in the area of generosity. Specifically Kingdom and Community Based Generosity.
- Savings– Client is saving towards retirement goals, emergency savings goals and setting money back for anticipated expenses.
- Debt Elimination– Client is learning to spend within their means and working towards eliminating all debt.
- Protection– Client is discovering what insurances they need to properly protect their assets.
- Stewardship Mindset Client understands that God indeed owns it all (Ps 24) and that they are managers of the Lord resources versus owners of their own.
The earth is the Lord’s and all it contains, The world, and those who dwell in it.
We Exist to Coach Families
“For the first several years of our marriage, we felt like there were ways to improve on our money management, but were unsure how to do so. Through working with Freedom 5:one, and our coach, we have gained a true financial mentor and accountability partner. Our coach took the time to get to know us personally, what types of things we prioritize, evaluate our spending habits, and then worked to create a healthy budget. We put a financial structure in place that ultimately gave us more freedom in how we spend our money. We also learned how competing financial goals can be achieved with the right planning.
Now, we approach our financial life more prayerfully and more confidently. One of our main goals when we first met with Freedom 5:one was to save for our first house. This past week, we closed on a house! We would absolutely recommend Freedom 5:one to people in all stages of life. Having a financial plan and financial accountability partner is one of the greatest things you can do for yourself.”
–Taylor and Emily, Recent Freedom 5:one Graduates.
We Exist to Resource Families
Ever read a book, watched a video, heard a talk or did a study that changed the way you approached life? It is our desire to create some of the life-altering resources to have available for families who are trying to make a change in their financial world. Financial health addresses a mindset where people are managing money well, getting in sync with their family and getting in sync with the Lord. Books, blogs, Bible studies, videos and other creative resources can help folks progress toward thinking rightly and practicing well time-tested methods of money management. Freedom 5:one is throwing it’s hat in the ring to develop materials to help families get healthy.
We Exist to Educate Families
You don’t know what you don’t know and most of the stuff you don’t know is not worth knowing. But a successful person is attempting to gain the knowledge they need in key areas of life. There are some things in the world of finances that you probably don’t need to know. But, the ABCs of money management is a must.
At Freedom 5:one, we find ourselves talking about 6 key concepts over and over and have developed a series of seminars to communicate and educate families in the Basics. Topics like:
- How to put together and put into practice a spending plan (Budget)
- How to develop and reach your generosity goals
- How to develop and reach your saving goals
- How to manage and eliminate debt
- How to evaluate what insurances and protection products you need to adequately protect your assets
- How to move to a Biblical position of stewardship where you recognize that God owns it all and we are managers of His resources.